The School takes pride in the appearance of its pupils. Poorly dressed boys reflect badly on the public image of the School, which puts all its pupils at a disadvantage. In years 12 and 13 students are required to wear a suit or jacket and trousers, a formal shirt with a collar and tie.
- Shirt: White or grey, with buttons of the same colour, stiff collar, no emblem or logo, short or long sleeves, one breast pocket with no button or no pocket
- Trousers: Long, charcoal-grey or black, with sharp creases. Belt permitted. No denim
- Socks: Grey, black or dark blue – unpatterned
- Shoes: Black, leather or imitation leather. No trainers or shoes that resemble trainers.
- Jumper: Grey, V-neck, with or without the school colours knitted into the V-neck. Available from Beat School Uniforms
- Blazer: Navy blue, with the school badge available from Beat School Uniforms, and may be bought either with an integral badge or with the badge purchased separately and then sewn on at home.
- Tie: House tie with the appropriate coloured stripe. Sports colours may be worn if presented by the School as may County team ties for team members. Available from Beat SchoolUniforms
- Outdoor coat: Plain blue, black, grey or green with no graphic embellishment. Raincoats, cagoules, anoraks or duffle coats are acceptable. No 'hoodies'.
- Hat: In winter only, a plain woollen hat may be worn for warmth.
School PE/Games Kit
- Samurai Reversible Rugby shirt* (compulsory)
- Samurai T – Shirt* (compulsory)
- Samurai Shorts* (compulsory)
- School Tracksuit Hoody Top* (optional - This is the only hooded top which may be worn as part of the school PE uniform)
- School Tracksuit Bottoms* (optional)
- Pair of navy blue rugby socks (compulsory)
- Pair of football boots
- Pair of non-marking training shoes
- Hockey stick (Clearly named)
- Shin Pads
The school sportswear supplier is Tylers Sportswear where the * clothing can be obtained. You are also able to personalise the sportswear with a name or initials at an additional cost. All orders can be purchased online at Tylers Sportswear. From here click on ‘School Webshops’ in the top right hand corner of the home page and then click on ‘Hitchin Boys’ School’. Alternatively they welcome visitors to their shop: Tylers Sportswear, 6 Woodfield Road, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 1JQ.
We are very fortunate in Hitchin to have the support of the Hitchin Educational Foundation, who may be able to help with the cost of school uniform and PE kit. Further information can be found on the school website